Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Light of the World

Christmas time is such a fun time of year --From buying presents for loved ones to spending time with our loving families. I especially love to see the Christmas lights people put on their houses. Sadly, we haven't seen many people with Christmas lights up :( But it makes me happy when I do see them. To get in more of the Christmas spirit, I recently read various talks from the apostles and prophets that have told about the greatest light during Christmas time --the gift and life of Jesus Christ. It was such a wonderful experience filled with the spirit and at times my face felt a little wet. I sometimes get so caught up in the superficial things during Christmas that I fail to reflect on the birth, atonement, and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know without his atonement and love and compassion for all of God's children, we would be lost. Now because of his great gift, and if we keep the commandments and our covenants with the Lord, we will return to live with Heavenly Father and our families forever. I'm grateful for my own family --Eric, Bakers, & Barbours-- and for their examples to me of giving and being filled with the light of Christ. I hope you all will be able to remember our Savior during this holiday season and recognize all that He has done for us.

Here is a link to the Christmas story (if anyone wants to read it) and if you click on the links within the story, it will connect you to more talks and some beautiful music. Enjoy!

Christmas Story

No comments:

Post a Comment